Experience rock climbing in the amazing setting of Jackson Falls. Jackson Falls is a sandstone canyon located in Southern Illinois, approximately 1 hour from Paducah, KY. It features single pitch sport and trad climbs up to 80 feet in length.
Jackson Falls is a great complement to the Red River Gorge. While the Red River Gorge offers steep vertical or even overhanging climbing that requires you to “pull hard”, Jackson Falls has mostly slab or less than vertical terrain that allows you to work on footwork and technique. Jackson Falls is also closer to participants traveling from Missouri, Iowa, or Southern Illinois.
- Give us a call to make a reservation. Reservations are required.
- If you are a new client, we ask you to complete a 6 question form. We review your form and prepare the best trip that we can for you, based on your needs and desires.
- Two days prior your trip must be paid in full & your Southeast instructor will contact you with itinerary, equipment list, and to answer any questions you may have.
- Check in: Trips meet at the Jackson Falls Climber parking lot. Google Jackson Falls or use 37.510561, -88.682158 coordinates for directions. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to go over equipment and complete waivers with the instructor.
- Enjoy climbing & learning the rest of the day. You will hike directly from the parking lot to the climbing area for the day. Expect 15-30 minute hiking approach time. All trips are private –just you, anyone else you’ve reserved in your group, and your AMGA certified instructor!
Where to Stay: If you are making more than a day trip, primitive camping is available at Jackson Falls in the surrounding national forest. There are no amenities so be prepared to bring everything you need. If you would like a hotel room search Marion, IL or Metropolis, IL for lodging.