Climb the amazing fins of Seneca Rocks, located in Monongahela National Forest of West Virginia, 40 minutes from the town of Elkins. This pair of 350-foot-tall quartzite fins offer anywhere from 1-to 4-pitch climbs. Seneca is the only summit in the eastern USA that is accessed exclusively by technical rock climbing!
This is a great location for participants looking to improve their trad and multi-pitch skills. Seneca also has the feel of a mountain alpine environment and is great for participants looking to move on to climbing bigger mountains. Likewise, you may simply want to experience climbing higher and with more exposure than other locations. Southeast Mountain Guides can give you instruction to meet your specific goals or give you an amazing climbing experience at Seneca!
This trip is best suited for participants with some climbing experience. It is recommended that you are able to belay, retrieve equipment, and climb 5.6-5.7. The recommended age for this trip is 12 years or older. Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging, and food for the entire trip. We offer two-day trips to Seneca for 1-2 participants.
- Give us a call to make a reservation. Reservations are required.
- If you are a new client, we ask you to complete a 6 question form. We review your form and prepare the best trip that we can for you, based on your needs and desires.
- Two days prior your trip must be paid in full & your Southeast instructor will contact you with itinerary, equipment list, and to answer any questions you may have.
- Check in Trips meet at the Seneca Rocks Discovery Center climber parking lot at 9am on both days. The discovery center is located on WV-28, Seneca Rocks, WV 26884. Find directions at the following link: https://goo.gl/maps/oK62BxWKqY62. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to go over equipment and complete waivers with the instructor.
- Enjoy climbing & learning the rest of the day. We will hike directly from the Discovery Center parking lot to Seneca Rocks. Approach time is 15-30 minutes. All trips are private – just you, anyone else you’ve reserved in your group, and your AMGA certified instructor!
Where to stay: Lodging and transportation are not included in the trip to Seneca Rocks. If you are looking for cabins or a hotel room, check out Yokum’s at www.yokum.com. Camping is offered at both Princess Snowbird Campground and Seneca Shadows Campground.